A FIRE-hit theatre will be back open tonight after a clean-up operation.
Flames broke out in the foyer of the Globe Theatre at the Pleasure Beach late on Sunday.
The quick actions of staff at the park who raised the alarm helped prevent the fire from spreading further.
No performances were due to be held at the theatre last night, and the next performance of Gerry Cottle’s Wow! Circus will go ahead as planned tonight.
A Pleasure Beach spokesman said: “Just after 11pm on Sunday night a small fire happebned in the foyer of The Globe Theatre.
“Fire crews attended the scene and there was minimal damage to the foyer.
“A fire alarm alerted our 24-hour security team to the problem and their quick actions meant the fire could be contained. The security team at the attraction are to be praised for their swift response in alerting the emergency services to the situation.
“A clean-up operation has been taking place in the foyer area and no performances of Wow! Circus will be affected by the fire.
“The Globe will continue to operate as normal and the next performance of Gerry Cottle’s Wow! Circus will go ahead, as planned, tonight at 7.30pm.”
The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in circuits beneath a popcorn machine which was destroyed in the blaze.
Five fire engines were called to the incident which happened when there were no members of the public inside.