Ludo Sylvestre has rejected Blackpool’s offer of a new contract and won’t be returning to the club.
The Frenchman was one of seven out-of-contract players with deals on the table as manager Paul Ince looks to rebuild his squad ahead of his first full season in charge.
But after talks with several Premier League clubs, Sylvestre has informed the Seasiders he will be moving on.
The 28-year-old was offered a vastly improved contract at Bloomfield Road but instead looks set to play in England’s top division next season.
His agent Christian Emile confirmed the news. He told The Gazette: “Blackpool did offer him a new contract at the end of the season but Ludovic will not be renewing.
“He has decided to leave for a new challenge.”
Hull, Norwich, Swansea, Fulham and Ian Holloway’s Crystal Palace are all interested in the former Barcelona midfielder, who certainly won’t be short of options.
The writing was on the wall for the Seasiders last summer, when the player’s agent told Pool chairman Karl Oyston that his client wanted to leave the club.
The Gazette understands Pool turned down a £400,000 bid for him at the time from Ukraine side Tavriya.
Sylvestre was a hugely popular player at Bloomfield Road, having joined from Czech club FK Mladá Boleslav in a deal worth £500,000 on the eve of the club’s season in the Premier League.
He went on to make more than 50 appearances for the Seasiders after making his debut as a 59th-minute substitute in the 4–0 win over Wigan Athletic in August 2010.
His departure means three of the seven players offered new deals have now turned their back on the club.
Alex Baptiste had joined Bolton and Neal Eardley signed a three-year deal with Birmingham last week.
Pool are awaiting decisions from Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Kirk Broadfoot and Stephen Crainey, while Barry Ferguson is expected to sign a new Pool contract this week.
A total of 18 players have left Bloomfield Road since the end of the season and many of them are close to securing new clubs.
Kevin Phillips could be joined at Crystal Palace by Tiago Gomes, while Ian Evatt has been invited to train with Blackburn.
Manager Ince again met with his chairman yesterday to discuss his plans in readiness for the players returning to training on June 21.