New signing Jacob Mellis insists the situation at Bloomfield Road is not as bleak as it appears.
The 23-year-old midfielder signed a one-year deal on Tuesday after training with the club for a fortnight.
During that time the club has appeared close to breaking point, though the former Chelsea and Barnsley player claims it has been business as usual on the training ground.
Mellis told The Gazette: “It’s probably worse from the outside than it is from within.
“We have just concentrated on the football side of things and it’s been fine.
“The players just let all the off-field things take care of themselves. I’m very happy to be here and I’m glad to get the deal done.”
Mellis has spent the past two seasons at Barnsley but turned down the offer of a new deal following their relegation to League One.
He had other offers on the table but thought Blackpool was the right club for him to finally fulfil his potential.
He added: “It’s about finding the right place. That’s the most important thing for a player when you’re out of contract. The manager played a big part in me coming to Bloomfield Road.
“I also know Blakey well (coach Noel Blake), but the manager’s training methods and ideas have really impressed me too.
“The most important thing for me was to stay in the Championship.
“Hopefully I can have a better season than last year. It’s a time in my career when I need to kick on.
“It’s important I show people what I can do and achieve what they thought I would.
“I’m still young and I’m more hungry than ever.”
Mellis made his first appearance for the Seasiders in the victory at Penrith and he will feature against Burnley at Bloomfield Road on Saturday.
While he can play in a number of positions, he’s clear on which is his best.
“I prefer to play as an attacking midfielder,” he said.
“Last season wasn’t great, but in my first season at Barnsley I created a lot of goals and scored a few too.
“I’m looking to get back to that this season with Blackpool.”