TOM Ince has told Blackpool he wants to stay at Bloomfield Road after a bid from a Premier League club was rejected last week.
The 20-year-old has caught the eye with some superb performances since his move from Liverpool last summer and scored two fantastic goals in Saturday’s 2-0 win at Millwall.
Holloway held talks with Ince’s father, former England midfielder Paul, over the weekend and said the response was positive.
The Pool boss revealed: “There was interest in Tom Ince from a club last week. His dad wants him to stay with Blackpool, no matter what clubs might want to offer him. He thinks his son is in the right place.
“Incey dealt with hearing the news of the offer in his own way – he went and scored two goals for me.”
It is a huge boost for the club after a traumatic week which saw fellow winger Matt Phillips ask for a move.
He handed in a transfer request after being told that a bid from Southampton had been rejected by Pool chairman Karl Oyston.
But Holloway says Ince has handled his situation totally differently.
He said: “The truth is we had offers for two players last week – one for Matt Phillips and one for Tom Ince.
“In both cases, I gave the players the information when I knew about it. Matt thought I didn’t tell him but he actually knew before I did.
“It’s very simple really. There’s interest in our young lads but there aren’t opportunities for them to leave as we don’t want to sell them.
“Until we agree an amount of money, club to club, then there’s no chance.
“If one wants a move and the other one doesn’t, then that’s not my business. I’m just left to deal with all of it.”
FOR ALL THE BUILD UP TO TONIGHT’S GAME AGAINST LEEDS UNITED PICK UP A COPY OF TUESDAY’S GAZETTE.