Ince has ‘gut feeling’ bids will come for Tom

Tom Ince
Tom Ince
0
Have your say

Paul Ince admits he has a ‘gut feeling’ Premier League clubs will bid for Tom Ince ahead of Monday’s transfer deadline.

The 21-year-old winger is being monitored by a number of top flight clubs and are considering bids of around £8m.

But for the first time since taking over as Pool boss, Ince has admitted he feels bids for his son are imminent.

“I hope not, but I have a gut feeling there may be a bid,” he told The Gazette.

“You always expect with your best players that clubs will want to poach them, as QPR have done with Matty Phillips.

“We are probably expecting a bid, although we won’t be welcoming one.”

Tottenham Hotspur, Everton, Aston Villa, Newcastle and even Crystal Palace have been linked with moves for the former Liverpool man.

He fired 18 goals last season and scored in his only appearance in the Championship so far this term away at Doncaster on the opening day.

Ince has missed the past three games with a tear in his thigh, and his dad claims that’s the only thing he’s unhappy about at the moment.

He said: “Thomas is frustrated that he’s not played, but he’s more than happy here.

“He’s happy to stay here where the club and the fans allow him to express himself.

“As I’ve said, I’ve spoken to Thomas numerous times and he’s very happy here at Blackpool.

“I think Thomas can develop more here, but at the same I’m he’s happy here.

“He’s not asked to move.”

Ince turned down a move to Cardiff City last month claiming he didn’t feel it was the right club for his career.

And if he is to leave Blackpool it will only be to the right club.

“The most important thing is that he plays football,” said Ince Snr.

“There’s no point him going somewhere and sitting on the bench.

“You see it with (Victor) Moses and (Scott) Sinclair, they are very good footballers who aren’t playing.”

Ince will again miss tomorrow’s game against Watford and is expected to return to training on Tuesday.