The future of Thomas Ince has been thrown into doubt by the sacking of his dad Paul as Blackpool manager.
The 21-year-old’s contract is set to expire in the summer and Ince has been linked with a host of clubs.
He’s held talks with a number of clubs in recent weeks with the intention of signing a pre-contract agreement, including Everton and Monaco.
His father told The Gazette last week the highly-rated England U21 winger would stay at Pool until the end of the season.
But Tuesday’s sacking leaves Ince in an awkward position and could speed up his exit. The transfer window closes a week tomorrow and Pool chairman Karl Oyston insists the Inces must decide on the player’s future.
“It’s a matter for Thomas and Paul,” Oyston said. “They will tell us if he wants to stay or if he wants to go. We have been very open with Paul regarding that and vice versa.
“If anyone wants to take any of our players they will be in touch. I’ve had no formal contact from anyone yet.
“If a situation came about now, I’d do the same as I would have when Paul was manager. I’d speak to Paul and see what they wanted to do.”
Many national papers jumped on the line that Oyston sacked Ince via text message. The chairman confirmed Ince was first informed of his departure by text but only because he couldn’t get hold of him.
Oyston added: “It was done by letter, but I informed them I was making changes by text because I couldn’t get hold of Paul by phone.”
The chairman reaffirmed it was the lack of movement in the transfer market which forced him to sack Ince and his assistants, Alex Rae and Steve Thompson.
“I expected to be given a list of transfer targets on Monday, and Paul promptly went off on a coaching course,” said Oyston.
“I heard nothing from Alex or Steve Thompson. We couldn’t get hold of Paul, so we relayed a message that we were going to make a change.
“I don’t want to get into mud-slinging but I would like our management team to put the recruitment of players, which was the only way of arresting our slide, as a priority.”