STEVE Thompson will be in charge of Blackpool once more for today’s trip to Ipswich Town.
The Seasiders had hoped to have tied up a deal to name Paul Ince as new boss yesterday but things are taking longer than expected.
The former Blackburn and MK Dons boss remains huge favourite for the role, and will be watching from the stands at Portman Road this afternoon.
Ince has held talks with Pool and has agreed to replace Michael Appleton at Bloomfield Road, although nothing is yet signed.
It’s understood the delay surrounds the appointment of backroom staff. Ince hopes to bring two people to Pool with him, both who are already in work with other clubs.
Pool chairman Karl Oyston is hopeful a deal can be done which would allow the 45-year-old to start his job on Monday morning ahead of Wednesday’s game away at Leeds.
It is expected current caretaker boss Thompson is part of Ince’s planned staff and would remain at the club. Blackpool’s squad made the long trip to Suffolk
yesterday before training at their hotel base last night.
They made the journey without star man Tom Ince who instead flew to UEFA’s headquarters in Switzerland yesterday to appeal against his one match international ban.
The 21-year-old was handed a suspension for his part in the ugly scenes following England U21’s game against Serbia last year.
Replays showed Ince to have done very little, and he said it was worth the effort to see the ban over turned.
“It’s important for me to play in such a big tournament this summer,” said Ince.
“So it was worth the trip.”
The panel in the end decided not to change their decision and the ban stands.
The 17-goal winger flew back into London last night and was driven to Pool’s team hotel just outside Colchester.
He will play as usual for the Seasiders this afternoon.