Woman taken to hospital after pan fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

A woman was taken to hospital after inhaling smoke when a pan she was cooking with caught fire.

Fire crews from South Shore and Lytham were called to a property on Park Lane, Wesham, at 3.55pm, where a pan had been left unattended.

Crew manager at South Shore fire station Pete Hanley said: “The occupier had put a pan on and left it and gone down to the communal lounge.

“When she went back up she was confronted by smoke in the flat.”

Paramedics were called out and the woman was taken to hospital as a precaution. The fire caused light smoke damage to the flat.

Crew manager Hanley said it was fortunate a working smoke alarm had alerted the woman to the fire.

He added: “People should be reminded if they are cooking not to leave pans unattended for any reason.

“The premises was fitted with a full fire alarm system which alerted them to the fire.”

Residents can get a free fire alarm and fire safety advice by calling 0800 169 1125.