Woman rescued in fire drama

editorial image
0
Have your say

A WOMAN was led to safety by firefighters following a blaze in a kitchen.

The incident happened at just after midnight today when a fire broke out in the oven at the property.

Officers wearing breathing apparatus put out the flames and helped the woman out of the home on Salcombe Avenue, Bispham.

Around an hour later, firefighters were called to a hotel on nearby Queens Promenade after a fire broke out in the roofspace of a sunlounge due to an electronic vacancy sign on the front of the property malfunctioning.

The owner evacuated the premises after the fire alarm sounded and crews managed to get the smouldering fire under control before it spread further.

Crew manager Andrew Jones, from Blackpool Fire Station, said: “The hotelier should be praised as he did exactly the right thing.”