Woman hurt in house fire escape

Collyhurst Avenue fire
Collyhurst Avenue fire
0
Have your say

A WOMAN was taken to hospital after a house fire in South Shore.

Firefighters were called to a bungalow in Collyhurst Avenue shortly before 10.30pm yesterday.

Four fire engines were drafted in to tackle the blaze which severely damaged the loft area of the property.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the property to extinguish the flames which were in danger of spreading to two neighbouring bungalows.

A 51-year-old woman, who lived in one of the bunaglows next to where the fire started, was taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

The loft was severely damaged by fire while five ground floor rooms were damaged by smoke. It is believed the fire was sparked by an electrical fault in the loft.