Woman fought fire in workplace

Air Balloon pub on Squires Gate Lane, South Shore.
Air Balloon pub on Squires Gate Lane, South Shore.

A woman suffered from smoke inhalation after trying to fight a fire at her workplace.

Fire crews raced to an outbuilding behind the Air Balloon pub on Squires Gate Lane, Blackpool, shortly before 9.30am this morning to reports of a worker trapped by the blaze.

But the woman had been attempting to fight the fire.

She was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation but suffered no serious injuries, a spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said.

Crews from South Shore and St Annes fire stations attended the incident and used hose reels to extinguish the flames.

It is believed the fire was sparked by a portable electric heater.