Woman, 81, flees as blaze engulfs home

Fire crews attended the scene
Fire crews attended the scene
0
Have your say

A PENSIONER was taken to hospital after a fire broke out in her home.

Firefighters went to Longridge Avenue, St Annes, at 7.30pm yesterday after an 81-year-old woman fled her burning home.

Flames engulfed the front door and she was forced to escape through the back of the house.

Officers believe the fire was accidental and due to an electrical fault.

Hours later, the crew went to the junction of St Chad’s Road and Lytham Road, South Shore, at 1am.

Police had seen smoke coming from a van and pulled a man, who had started a fire inside to keep warm, to safety.