Warning over tumble dryers after resort blaze

The fire service has issued a warning after a tumble dryer blaze in Blackpool
The fire service has issued a warning after a tumble dryer blaze in Blackpool
0
Have your say

Residents have been warned not to leave their tumble dryers on unattended – especially while they’re in bed.

It comes after firefighters were called to an outhouse in the back garden of a home in Liverpool Road, Blackpool, at around 1.45am today.

Nobody was hurt but the outhouse was badly damaged and the tumble dryer was destroyed, a fire service spokesman said.

Residents should also ensure they clean their machine’s filter to avoid fires, he added.