Residents have today been allowed back into their homes following a major gas explosion in Blackpool.
The blast on Charles Street, at around 5.55pm on Saturday, left two people trapped inside the property, who had to be freed by emergency services.
Residents and Charles Street and Milbourne Street were evacuated, while Cookson Street and Grosvenor Street were shut on Saturday night.
Those displaced were given shelter at the Salvation Army Citadel on Raikes Parade or St John's Church, on Church Street.
Describing the rescue, a spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: "When fire crews arrived, they found there had been a significant explosion. After speaking to local residents we knew there were two people inside.
"One of them was on the phone to our control room saying they were inside, and we could see another casualty.
"Firefighters had to sift through the debris, obviously being careful - there was still most likely a gas leak and the property was insecure. We had our urban search and rescue team on the scene.
"They were physically trapped. One had to be lifted down from the first floor on the ladder on a longboard.
"It's a row of terraced properties and this one house or block of flats, the front of the house is missing and around the back, part of the property has caved in.
"This has just caused significant damage to one terraced property."
In a statement on Sunday morning, Blackpool Police said: "All roads have been reopened and residents have been allowed back to their homes.
"A police presence is still required until the local council arranges fencing for the properties affected by the explosion.
"Thank you for your patience in this matter."
Police said on Saturday night that six people had been hurt in the explosion but that nobody was seriously injured.
However, other reports of the incident quote the North West Ambulance Service as saying four were injured, including one person with 'major trauma'.
The Gazette has attempted to contact NWAS for more information but nobody was available. The service was unable to confirm details of any injuries when contacted by The Gazette on Saturday night.
In a statement issued on Sunday morning, Lancashire Fire and Rescue said: "Last night, six fire engines from Blackpool, South Shore, Bispham, Fleetwood, Lytham, Preston and specialist appliances such as the Urban Search and Rescue Team from Chorley and the Command Support Unit from Fulwood were called to a suspected gas explosion in Blackpool.
"Firefighters quickly established that there were two people trapped in the rubble and they worked with paramedics to release them. Both casualties were released using specialist equipment and they were transferred to paramedics who later took them to hospital.
"By midnight, firefighters remained at the scene to make sure that the property was structurally safe for a full search of the building.
"At 2am, a scent dog had completed a full search of the property and nothing was detected. Firefighters then handed the scene over to the control of the police and returned to their station.
"A full investigation is now underway."