Two rescued from Blackpool hotel fire

Fire crews were called
Fire crews were called
0
Have your say

TWO people have been taken to hospital suffering from the affects of smoke inhalation after being rescued from a hotel fire in Blackpool.

The blaze at the Alandene Hotel on Park Road saw firefightres wearing breathing aparatus enter the property while around 40 people were evacuated from surrounding buildings.

A road closure was put in place after the report came in to Blackpool Police at around 3.30am.

The majority of the evacuees were taken to a rest centre set up at nearby Spencer Court in Layton but were this morning begining to return to the affected properties.

Park Road reopened at just before 6am.