Two people rescued from fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

A man and woman were rescued from a flat fire in central Blackpool.

Firefighters from Blackpool fire station were called to the property on Hornby Road at around 10.25pm on Tuesday.

Six breathing apparatus and two hose reels were used to extinguish the blaze.

A crew from Blackpool was later called to a shed fire at Kitty Lane, Marton, at 4.15am.

The shed was destroyed by fire and damage was also done to a section of log cabin roof.

Meanwhile, firefighters in St Annes tackled a chip pan fire in the early hours of the morning.

They were called to a flat on St Andrew’s Road South at 1.10am.

No-one was injured, although sever fire damage was done to the kitchen.

Crew manager Steve Howarth said: “The occupants were alerted by the working smoke alarm in the property.

“They got out and called the fire service.”

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.