A car caught fire as it was being driven out of Blackpool.
Its driver, visiting from out of town, was driving home when he noticed a leak from his Volkswagen Polo.
As he stopped by the side of the road on Hawes Side Lane, South Shore, the leak started a fire in the vehicle.
Watch manager Geoff Etheridge at South Shore fire station, said: “The fire ignited underneath the bonnet of the car.
“The driver was out of the vehicle when we got there.”
The firefighters used one hose reel and breathing apparatus to put the fire out.
It started just before 2.30pm yesterday, and it was out in around 20 minutes.
Watch manager Etheridge said: “We think the fire was possibly started by leaking fuel on to a hot exhaust.
“It was a small car, and it wasn’t a particularly difficult fire to control.”