RESIDENTS had to be evacuated after fire ripped through a Blackpool home this morning.
Neighbours raised the alarm after seeing smoke pouring from the roof of the mid-terrace property, on Angers Hill Road, Marton, just before 6am this morning.
Firefighters initially feared the owners were inside the house, but now believe the property was empty.
A spokeswoman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said both floors of the property were “well-alight” when crews arrived on scene.
Residents on either side of the house had to be evacuated.
Five fire engines from across Blackpool are currently on scene dealing with the fire, while police have cordoned off part of the road.