Rescue drama after flat fire

Fire engine

Fire engine

0
Have your say

A MAN had to be rescued by firefighters following a kitchen blaze in a Blackpool flat.

Two crews from Blackpool fire station and one from Bispham were called to the second floor flat on Lord Street at 4.20am.

A man inside was pulled from the blaze and taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital.

Firefighters used a hose reel to put the fire out.

It caused severe damage to the kitchen and smoke damage to the remainder of the flat.

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.