DCSIMG

Pensioner in hospital after chip pan blaze

editorial image

editorial image

A pensioner was taken to hospital after a chip pan fire at his home.

Crews from Bispham and Fleetwood were called to the blaze on Eastpines Drive, Anchorsholme, at around 12.25pm.

The man, who is believed to be 78, was treated by paramedics at the scene before being transferred to Blackpool Victoria Hospital for a further check-up.

Crew manager Michael Spencer, from Bispham fire station, said: “He put a traditional chip pan on the hob, then went into the garden and forgot about it until smoke began issuing from the back door.

“There was extensive fire damage which pretty much gutted the kitchen.”

An investigation has also been launched after a rubbish fire on Gorton Street, in central Blackpool, at around 2.30pm.

The heat from the blaze melted the plastic windowsill at a nearby industrial unit.

No-one was injured in the incident.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page