DCSIMG

Old charcoal sparks blaze

Fire engine.

Fire engine.

An old piece of charcoal sparked a blaze at a town centre fast food restaurant.

The fire caused smoke damage to the property, but no-one was injured.

Watch manager Patrick Thompson, from Blackpool fire station, said: “It appears that the restaurant has a charcoal barbecue inside it and we think a piece of barbecue charcoal had dropped into a bag full of replacement charcoal, and over a period of a few hours heated it up and eventually ignited it.”

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page