MURDER UPDATE: Six suspects released

Scene of a murder on Central Drive

Scene of a murder on Central Drive

0
Have your say

Murder squad detectives have released six people arrested and quizzed over the fatal stabbing over a Polish man in Blackpool.

Marcin Pawlow, 30, was found in the street by paramedics who alerted police at around 1.05am on Wednesday.

Detectives arrested six people on suspicion of murder following the attack on Central Drive – although one was released soon after.

A Lancashire Police spokesman said yesterday that all six people had been released without charge.

The victim, from Poland, was rushed to Blackpool Victoria Hospital but later died from the stab wounds to his hip, thigh and shoulder.

Five men – aged 31, 32, 32, 45 and 52 – were arrested on suspicion of murder and were still in custody on Thursday.

A sixth man, aged, 34, was released without charge on Christmas Eve.

Det Supt Andy Murphy, of Lancashire Police, said: “This is a complex inquiry and at this time the motive of this attack is unclear and we have made several arrests.

“We know this incident must be concerning for people in the area and we have a number of extra officers on patrol to offer reassurance.”

Anyone with information is urged to call police on 101.