DCSIMG

Man taken to hospital after fire inside flat

Fire engine

Fire engine

A man was rescued from a flat fire in central Blackpool while an elderly woman was led to safety.

Firefighters from Blackpool fire station were called to the property on Hornby Road at around 10.25pm on Tuesday.

Six firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels to extinguish the blaze.

The man was taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation but was later released.

A crew from Blackpool was later called to a shed fire at Kitty Lane, Marton, at 4.15am yesterday.

The shed was destroyed by fire and damage was also done to a section of log cabin roof.

Meanwhile, firefighters in St Annes tackled a chip pan fire in the early hours of the morning.

They were called to a flat on St Andrew’s Road South.

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page