Man rescued from flat fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

A man was rescued from a fire in a Bispham flat today thanks to the heroic actions of a neighbour.

A blaze broke out in the bedroom of a property on Munster Avenue, Bispham, around 1.30pm.

A neighbour, who spotted smoke coming from the flat below, raced to help, opening the front door and dragging the 46-year-old man to safety.

Crews from Bispham and Blackpool Fire Stations attended the incident and quickly put out the fire.

The owner of the flat was taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital with first degree burns to his hands and suffering smoke inhalation.

FOR THE FULL STORY SEE MONDAY’S GAZETTE