Man rescued from flat fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

A MAN had to be rescued from a house fire that broke out in the early hours of this morning.

The blaze is thought to have started in a basement flat on Clifton Drive North in St Annes at around 3am.

It then spread to the rest of the property.

One man had to be rescued by St Annes firefighters. He refused hospital treatment.

The fire damaged the flat’s windowsill, wooden cladding and around two metres of armoured cabling.

It also caused severe smoke damage to the basement flat.

Firefighters had to use a hose reel and two ventilation units to put the fire out.

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service was this morning unable to confirm how the fire started, though it is not thought to have been suspicious.

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.