DCSIMG

Man rescued after fire collapse

Fire engine

Fire engine

A man had to be rescued from his smoke-filled flat after being found unconscious by emergency services.

A block of flats, on Lytham Road, South Shore, had to be evacuated after the fire broke out in a kitchen on the ground floor.

Firefighters were called to the address at 8.55pm on Sunday where they found the occupant had collapsed due to the smoke.

Neighbouring residents were alerted to the blaze by the smoke alarm and were able to get out safely.

The casualty was taken to hospital for smoke inhalation.

The fire caused moderate damage to rooms on the ground floor of the building.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said: “A gentleman was rescued and he has gone to hospital. He seemed to have suffered smoke inhalation be he had a previous medical condition and was taken to hospital as a precaution.

“The fire was a cooking-related accident and three other people in the flats above had to be evacuated.

“The smoke alarm alerted the remainder of the people in the building but unfortunately the gentleman had collapsed onto the floor.

“If there hadn’t been a smoke alarm in the premises things could have been much worse.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page