DCSIMG

Man escapes blaze thanks to dog

Latest News

Latest News

A man escaped from a blaze at his Blackpool home after his dog woke him up.

The house, on Dobson Road, Normoss, had recently been redecorated and smoke alarms had not yet been fitted.

Firefighters, who were called out to the blaze at 5.30am on Sunday, said it had been started by an unattended chip pan.

The man, thought to be aged around 30, got out safely after being alerted to the fire by his dog.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus, a ventilation unit and a hose reel to put out the flames.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said the incident highlighted the importance of having a working smoke alarm fitted.

He said: “Because the house had recently been redecorated, the smoke alarm had not been put back up and it was the dog that raised the alarm.”

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page