Man accused of sex attack breached bail

Preston Crown Court

Preston Crown Court

0
Have your say

A MAN accused of committing a sex attack on a woman out walking her dog breached his bail four times.

Thomas O’Keefe repeatedly failed to arrive home in time for the start of his curfew at 9pm a court was told.

O’Keefe, a 28-year-old father-of-one, of Lytham Road, Warton, admitted failing to comply with a condition of his bail.

O’Keefe, who has pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting the woman, was remanded in custody to February 13 by Blackpool magistrates when his trial will take place at Preston Crown Court.

Tracy Yates, prosecuting, said O’Keefe had been bailed on the condition he kept a 9pm to 7am curfew inside his home and did not contact prosecution witnesses or enter Blackpool except for court or for appointments with his lawyer.

On January 17, equipment monitoring O’Keefe’s tag registered he was half an hour late for his curfew, only being back inside his home at 9.30pm. He had breached his curfew on three previous occasions.

Suzanne Mugford, defending, said her client realised he had been extremely foolish in regard to his curfew.

O’Keefe breached the curfew three times when he had been to visit his brother in St Annes and his bus back home was either late or did not arrive.

On another occasion, the lawyer said, O’Keefe claimed his tag had come off in the bathroom.