DCSIMG

Fire rescue at resort flat

editorial image

editorial image

A man was rescued after fire broke out in a flat in Blackpool.

Firefighters were called to the property on Threlfall Road, South Shore, at 9.50pm yesterday after a smoke alarm was triggered.

Three fire crews from South Shore, Blackpool and St Annes were sent to the scene.

The man, who is believed to be in his 60s, was reported to be inside the property.

Firefighters got into the flat and the man was led to safety.

He was checked over at the scene and taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital for a check up.

There was severe damage caused to a piece of furniture as well as smoke damage to the flat.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page