Fire crews fought for around six hours to control a barn fire, which created large plumes of smoke seen for miles around.
At its peak 15 firefighters tackled the blaze at Chapel Lane, Out Rawcliffe, after receiving a call at around 10.30am yesterday.
The barn, which measures 30 metres by 30 metres, was well alight when the crews arrived, a spokesman for the fire service said.
Crews from Bispham, Blackpool and Fleetwood attended the incident, which is thought to have been started by sparks coming from tools being used by farmers working on the barn’s roof, which then ignited straw and other combustible materials.
No-one was injured in the fire. A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Investigations are ongoing but it looks to have been accidental.
“Some farmers were working on the roof of the barn with tools which created sparks which ignited the straw.
“Large plumes of smoke could be seen for miles around.”