Homes evacuated after cabin fire

Damaged cabin near the Aldi development in St Annes
Damaged cabin near the Aldi development in St Annes
0
Have your say

Residents had to be evacuated from their homes after a fire at a building site.

Firefighters were called to the blaze around 4am on Saturday morning after the incident in St Georges Road, St Annes, near the new Aldi supermarket development.

It is believed a heater, left turned on in the cabin, had overheated, causing widespread damage to the inside.

Crews from St Annes fire station were concerned the flames would ignite gas canisters and evacuated neighbours.

They were allowed to return to their homes after the fire was put out.

No-one was hurt in the incident.