A young child had to be rushed to hospital after burning himself.
Startled residents saw a helicopter land on the fields at St Annes Cricket Club, on Vernon Road, to take the youngster to a children’s hospital over the weekend.
It is understood the child suffered burns after spilling boiling water on himself.
A spokeswoman for the North West Ambulance Service confirmed a call was received at 10.40am on Saturday and paramedics had been sent to the scene.
The incident happened at a private address on nearby Highbury Road.
The spokeswoman added: “We took a child to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital via a heli-med, which was called out.”
An eye-witness said the child was carried out to the waiting helicopter.