Heavy rains cause electrical fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

Firefighters attended a fire after heavy rains sparked an electrical fault in a family home.

Water leaked through the roof of a house on Worcester Road in Blackpool last night, causing a fuse box to malfunction and set alight.

Fire crews from Blackpool and South Shore Fire and Rescue Services attended the incident at around 12am. They isolated the source of electricity before extinguishing the fire.

A fire service spokesman said: “No one was injured and there was some smoke and fire damage to the fuse box and wiring.”