Woman died after choking on food

Blackpool Victoria Hospital

Blackpool Victoria Hospital

0
Have your say

An elderly woman died after choking while eating her breakfast, an inquest heard.

A carer tried to help Maureen Anderson, of Hemingway, South Shore, when she got into difficulty on April 27.

The 77-year-old later died at Blackpool Victoria Hospital (above) as a result of choking. Ischemic heart disease was recorded as a contributing factor.

Blackpool and Fylde coroner Alan Wilson gave a verdict of misadventure.

He said he was satisfied she had received suitable care at the time.

He added: “Her food had to be cut up for her and in my judgement had been cut up appropriately.

“The member of staff appears to have been appropriately caring and attentive when this lady ultimately choked on her food.”

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.