Blackpool Victoria Hospital is investigating after a women set herself alight in the Emergency department.
The 43-year-old doused herself in a inflammable antiseptic hand gel before setting herself on fire, witnessed by nurses and patients, at around 10.30pm on December 29.
Staff rushed to her aid, and she received burns to her head.
A spokesman for Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust said: “There was some suggestion made that the Trust was not investigating the incident but I would like to confirm that the Trust will be investigating the matter to see if there are any learning points that can be taken from the incident that can be carried forward for the future.”
Police were called after the incident at the Whinney Heys Road unit.
Officers took statements, but no third party was involved in what happened.