A NURSERY ravaged by fire will need to be completely rebuilt, its boss said today.
An electrical fault sparked the fire at St Thomas’ nursery in St Annes, ruining most of the contents of the building on St Thomas’ Road.
Manager Linda Zeal said the blaze had “gutted” the building.
She said: “We have managed to retrieve a few things.
“There were some bits in the shed, but apart from that most of the children’s toys and the work they have done is gone.”
The nursery was closed for a week following the fire, which broke out on February 22.
The children have since been meeting at St Annes YMCA, and, after Easter ,will have a temporary building on the St Thomas’ Primary School site.
Mrs Zeal said she hoped there would be a brand new building in place by September. She added: “The YMCA has been very accommodating in every way and we are very grateful.
“We have had some fantastic support from our parents – it’s unbelievable.
“Some came to help clean up the building, others donated books, toys and clothing.
“The children aren’t phased at all by what’s happened, and we will bounce back, I’m sure.”
Gareth Fegan, manager of St Annes YMCA said: “We are very fortunate to have the facilities available for St
Thomas’ to use when they needed it most.
“These facilities are here for the whole community thanks to the support of YMCA members and customers, and we were more than happy to provide them with a setting.
“The nursery class has been based in the child care room and we have also let the children enjoy free access to Harry’s Indoor Soft Play Centre for their period here.”