Grill blaze woman treated

editorial image
0
Have your say

A WOMAN was treated for smoke inhalation after a grill pan fire in Grange Park.

Two crews from Blackpool fire station and one from South Shore were called to a ground floor flat in Boundary Court, on Dinmore Avenue, Grange Park, at around 1.10pm yesterday.

The woman, who is believed to be aged in her 60s, was treated at the scene by paramedics but was not admitted to hospital.

Ventilation unit and a dry powder extinguisher were used to tackle the blaze.

Crew manager Mark Preddy, from Blackpool fire station, said: “The grill pan had been left on but lady had managed to get out on her own.

“It had flashed up and engulfed the cooker, the flat was totally smoke logged.

“Thankfully the lady was alright.”

The grill pan was totally destroyed by the fire. while it also cause heat damage to the cooker.

There was also some smoke damage to the rest of the flat.

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.