Four taken to hospital after resort blaze

editorial image
2
Have your say

Four people were taken to hospital after a blaze at a Blackpool home.

Firefighters were called to an incident at St Anthony’s Place, North Shore, just after midnight today.

Two appliances from Blackpool and one from Bispham attended.

On arrival the crews were confronted with people in the street and smoke issuing from the property.

Two teams in breathing apparatus were sent into the property to search for casualties and extinguish the fire.

Four people were taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital suffering smoke inhalation.

A fire service spokesman said the incident highlighted the importance of having a working smoke alarm fitted.

For a free Home Fire Safety Check, advice and smoke alarm test or replacement, visit www.lancsfirerescue.org.uk