Four quizzed in murder probe

Scene of a suspicious death on Eaves St, Blackpool
Scene of a suspicious death on Eaves St, Blackpool
Have your say

SHOCKED witnesses have described the horror of seeing a neighbour’s body being carried out of his home as a police murder probe was launched.

The 43-year-old man was found dead in his flat on Eaves Street, North Shore, by police at around 10.15pm on Wednesday.

Two women, aged 26 and 40, and two men, aged 28 and 56, all from Blackpool, were arrested on suspicion of murder and continue to be quizzed by detectives.

It is understood a party had been taking place at the property at the time of the man’s death.

Laura Brennan, of Eaves Street, said: “My husband heard a girl scream, then we heard sirens so we went out and saw police everywhere.

“There were police vans and cars, a paramedic and an ambulance.

“I’ve only just moved onto the street and didn’t know what was going on until a neighbour said someone had died.

“We couldn’t believe it.”

Police presence remained at the property, which is spilt into four flats, throughout yesterday.

Another neighbour, who did not wish to be named, said: “I saw the body being brought out of the flat in a body bag at 1am.

“It’s terrible in that house, there are always comings and goings. It’s privately owned but the landlord only comes once in a while.”

A woman who lives on the street added: “It’s not safe around here.

“There are always people coming and going - one minute you say hello, the next day they have moved on.”

The man’s name has not yet been confirmed as police continue to try and contact his family.

David Lord, 44, of Eaves Street, said: “I took the dog for a walk, when I came back there was police everywhere.

“I didn’t realise someone had died. It’s not really shocking. It’s a nice street but there are some problems.”

A post mortem is due to be carried out to determine how the man died.

A police spokesman said: “Police received a concern for safety call about a 43-year-old man. On arrival, officers have found the man dead at the scene.

“Four people have been arrested on suspicion of murder.

“The man’s death is currently being treated as unexplained as we continue our inquiries.

“A post mortem is due to be carried out to try to determine the cause of death.”