Firefighters tackle health centre blaze

editorial image
0
Have your say

Fire crews attended a blaze at South Shore leisure centre after an electrical distribution board caught fire.

Two engines from South Shore and Blackpool Fire and Rescue Services were called to the fire on the first floor of Palatine Leisure Centre at around 8pm last night.

A Fire Service spokesman said: “The area was evacuatred and fire crews put out the blaze using carbon dioxide fire extinguishers. Nobody was injured but the distribution board was destroyed and there was some smoke damage to the first floor.”