Firefighters help three in overnight incidents

editorial image
0
Have your say

A woman was rescued from a flat and a mother and her newborn baby were treated for smoke inhalation in two cooking related incidents, firefighters said.

Crews from Blackpool Fire Station attended Cocker Street in North Shore, shortly after 10pm on Saturday to reports of a flat fire.

A woman inside the property had to be rescued and was treated at the scene for shock but did not need to be taken to hospital.

The flames destroyed some cooking and caused smoke damage to the flat’s kitchen and living room.

Shortly before 4am yesterday, crews from South Shore Fire Station were called to a home on Endsleigh Gardens, South Shore.

A mother and her newborn baby were treated for smoke inhalation after the woman fell asleep, leaving cooking on the hob.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue, said: “They needed oxygen at the scene and were taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.”