Fire fills Blackpool college with smoke

Firefighters were called to Blackpool and the Fylde college
Firefighters were called to Blackpool and the Fylde college
4
Have your say

An overheated photo developing machine sparked a fire at Blackpool and the Fylde College over the weekend.

At around 1am on Sunday, firefighters were called to the college, on Palatine Road, where they found the ground floor filling with smoke.

They were able to put out the fire and nobody was hurt.

A Lancashire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "The machine had overheated and partially filled the ground floor of the college with smoke.

"There was a slight spillage of the chemical used in the machine as well.

"We used two breathing apparatus and a dry fire extinguisher from on-site

"There was damage to the machine and slight heat damage elsewhere."