Fire damage to supermarket

Tesco extra , Marton , Blackpool
Tesco extra , Marton , Blackpool
0
Have your say

A supermarket was left with some light smoke damage after an electric motor caught fire.

The blaze happened at the Tesco store, on Clifton Road, Mereside, at around 8.50pm last night.

Crews from South Shore and Blackpool fire stations tackled the fire, which caused severed damage to the motor - housed in the supermarket’s plant room.

No-one was injured in the incident, although shoppers were evacuated from the store.