Firefighters were called to two kitchen fires in Blackpool on Saturday afternoon.
Crews attended Molyneux Drive just after 1.30pm where food had been left unattended in the oven and set alight, generating a lot of smoke.
No-one was injured and there was no fire to extinguish, but firefighters used a portable fan to clear the smoke out of the kitchen.
And at 4.45pm firefighters were called to Severn Road where a pan had been left on the hob and the food had ignited.
The smoke alarm sounded and alerted the occupant of the flat, who was uninjured.
The fire was out when firefighters got there but they used a portable fan the clear away the smoke.