Fire breaks out in kitchen

editorial image
1
Have your say

Fire crews were called to a Lytham home when a blaze broke out in the kitchen.

The incident happened in Cross Street at around 1.50am.

Firefighters from St Annes attended and discovered a pan of food had been left on a lit hob and had begun to burn.

A Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “No smoke detector was fitted in the house but one next door activated and the neighbour dialled 999.

“Two fire engines and crews from St Annes responded and found that the fire in the pan of food had burnt out without developing further and the occupant was uninjured.

“Firefighters used a portable fan unit to extract the smoke.”