Family rescued from fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

A pensioner and two young girls were taken to hospital after they were rescued from a house fire.

The 71-year-old man and his two granddaughters - aged 15 and 12 - became trapped after an oil heater caught fire in his home in Nateby Avenue, South Shore,

Fire crews from South Shore, St Annes and Blackpool’s Forest Gate Fire Station were sent to the scene at 5.25am today.

As they arrived they found the 15-year-old girl on the porch roof with smoke pouring out of the house.

The youngsters were rescued from the first floor by firefighters, however, the grandfather was found downstairs and he was taken out the front door.

FOR THE FULL STORY PICK UP A COPY OF TUESDAY’S GAZETTE.