DCSIMG

Elderly man in hospital after pan fire

WBEG latest news

WBEG latest news

Firefighters had to break their way into a Fleetwood home after a pan left on the burning hob went up in smoke.

A crew from Fleetwood Fire Station was called to the incident on Kent Street at around 8.50pm on Sunday.

An elderly man was taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital after suffering smoke inhalation and for an existing medical condition.

Crew manager Mick Strickland said: “Unfortunately due to his age the gentleman was not able to open the door so we had to force entry.

“The house was heavily smoke logged, so obviously the pan had been burning for some time.

“The pan was destroyed and whatever had been in it had created a heck of a lot of black horrible smoke.”

Earlier in the evening firefighters from Blackpool were called to a motorbike on fire in a small garage at a house on Bryan Road.

An electrical fault on the bike started the blaze at around 6.40pm.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page