A dangerous collapsing chimney caused dozens of guests to be evacuated from a Promenade hotel.
People staying at the Colonial Hotel, in South Shore, had to leave their rooms after the chimney began to topple of the roof.
The drama unfolded on Thursday evening and continued into yesterday as council workers attempted to remove the chimney safely at the South Promenade hotel.
Sharon Truckel, who runs the 50 bedroom hotel, which was close to being fully booked at the time of the collapse, said: “It’s just been mental.
“One of our guests said that they heard a rumbling and they thought it was people dancing next door.
“It turned out to be the chimney sliding down.
“None of the guests could believe it, everyone was stopping and taking pictures of it.”