A ROGUE restaurateur has had his licence suspended after he bought gas and electrical safety certificates on internet auction site eBay
Cash-strapped Stephen Brennan – owner of Buddiez American Diner and Grill in Bispham – turned to the online trading site in the hope of deceiving health and safety officers.
But in reality the poorly maintained gas and electricity installations at his restaurant on Red Bank Road, were putting diners at risk.
It was only when sharp-eyed council health and safety inspector Jacqui Harrison became suspicious the deception came to light, a town hall licensing panel was told.
Blunders included a reading Mr Brennan had given which was “high enough to blow up Blackpool”, according to electricians who later checked the paperwork.