A pervert who went to ground and was put on the police’s most wanted list has been brought to justice.
Pensioner Jeffrey Mole, who is banned from buses at certain times after committing sex attacks on schoolgirls, appeared at court yesterday.
Mole, 80, formerly of Whitegate Drive, Blackpool, now of no fixed address, pleaded guilty to breaching a Sex Offenders Registration Order by failing to notify his address to police.
He was sentenced to 16 weeks imprisonment suspended for 12 months and ordered to pay £85 costs with £80 victims’ surcharge by Blackpool magistrates.
Presiding magistrate, Simon Bridge, told Mole: “You are obviously a dangerous man or you would not have been placed on this order and the public needs protecting.”
Adrian Hollamby, prosecuting, said that in August last year for the two offences of sexual touching Mole was put on the Sex Offenders Register and a Sex Offences Prevention Order.
He was released from Preston Prison on November 21 this year. He then failed to tell police where he was living, which is a condition of his Sex Offenders Registration.
Mole had breached his Sex Offenders Registration once previously and the Sex Offences Prevention Order, which bans him from buses, four times previously.
Michael Woosnam, defending, said: “After he was released from prison he says he had a conversation with a police officer in Blackpool about where he was living at the time and he thought he had complied with his order.”